Sunday, March 08, 2009

Oh poop.


There are many things I'm quite proud of being able to tolerate now that I'm a mom. For example, I have always had a very weak stomach when it came to blood and other bodily fluids, but somehow, if the yuck comes from something I am responsible for, I usually can handle it. That is, except for a child of mine pooping in the tub.


I'd like to go on record saying cleaning up poop in the tub is the worst task EVER.

It was never a huge deal with my oldest, she did it maybe 3 times total. I would take her to another bath in the house while my husband had the job of cleaning it all up.


But DD2 has a real passion for pooping in the tub. If it was an Olympic sport, she'd medal for sure. I don't know whether a bath just relaxes her, I give them too long to play in the tub, or she just enjoys watching her sister flee in panic...but the girl has got skills.


The first time poop hit the water, DD1 froze in horror. The poor girl handles crisis like her mom...lets just say she better not be an airline pilot. While I scooped out the victim, the perpetrator saw the fruits of her labor and decided she'd like to hold and squish some in her hands. I'm screaming for my husband (whose in the garage getting ready to snow blow the driveway). My naked oldest goes to find her father...outside...in freezing temps. I'm trying to wrestle with the pooper while trying not to get sh%# on, literally. Let's just say it wasn't a pretty picture. Unless you were just observing from the outside, then it was probably hilarious.


Fast forward to last night, I'm just getting towels for the girls when I hear that all too familiar scream of "MOM!" and know what I'm going to find. Double digits of number 2. Even worse, my husband isn't home so I'm gonna have to get the girls washed again somewhere else, put them to bed, then clean up poo. Talk about an exciting Saturday night. It's like my very own episode of Dirty Jobs that gets repeated twice a week at my house. Yuck.


So what do you think is the worst job ever?

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hilarious. I'll need to remember to eat my lunch, and THEN read your posts from now on. ;)