Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Rainbowbetical order

So, I pretend I'm an organized person. I love lists, schedules, and shopping for organizational stuff (I would die happy in The Container Store). But really, I don't know who I'm kidding, all my stuff ends up in piles anyway. Big, giant, I swallowed Toledo piles.

I love the idea of being organized but not the actual follow through. Unfortunately, organization takes work, not cute little labelled multi-colored boxes. Oh well.

Case in point, I am really procrastinating switching the girls' clothes to their spring/summer wardrobe. I hate the change in seasons because I have to dig through all kinds of clothes, sort them, and remember to label all the old stuff (OK, 5 years in and I have NEVER labelled DD1's old clothes. Guess I wasn't counting on DD2 to need it but now the stuff is just a mess.) Plus, I get tons of clothes from the outside world (older cousins for example) and they all come willy-nilly in different sizes and seasons. I'm up to my ears in onesies that are too small and turtlenecks that are too big. I hate switching out my kids clothes...so I go to my happy place. RAINBOWBETICAL ORDER. You heard me (or read me or whatever).


Rainbowbetical: (adj.) Arranging objects in order of the colors of the rainbow. (So what if it's a made up word, it's MY made up word.)



Gays have waved the pride flag of the arc of the spectrum recently, but I've always been a big rainbow fan; Roy G. Biv and I are tight (likethis). All my clothes in my closet are in rainbowbetical order, the girls closets too. In fact, everything in my house that has multiple colors must follow the pattern or else it's no good.


I won't buy something I like if it has the colors in the wrong order; why do manufactures insist on ROYVBG? That's so WRONG!


I have colored Easter eggs out in a pretty decorated basket and every year my husband thinks it's hysterical to rearrange the eggs out of rainbowbetical order because he knows it drives me insane. And it does drive me insane.


Hello, my name is Laura and I have rainbow OCD. I'm off to find a support group, I'm sure there's one on the interweb somewhere.

No comments: