Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Going home


I have a theory about work: the more you are physically at work, the easier it is to work; the more time you take off, the easier it is to take time off work. When you have a vacation coming up, work gets harder and tougher...doesn't it? When you leave early for some reason during the week, it's easier in that same week to do it again, isn't it?

I am back at work full time and boy do I miss my Thursdays off. It doesn't make it any easier that summer is our slow period and the weather is gorgeous and I miss my kids and doing all the little things in that bonus day.

Now, I'm a worn out mom. My house is a wreck, my laundry pile is about to take over the world, and groceries are a dim memory of what it was like before we had cheerios for dinner...EVERY night. And we haven't even started swimming and dance lessons for the summer yet.

Yikes! Somethings gotta give. So I'm outta here. Actually, the whole fam is travelling 9 hours by car to my hometown. There, my 4 brothers and sister are converging at the homeplace to see how much damage we can do to my mom's house over a long weekend. Wish us luck...we're already bickering via e-mail.

And if you hear of a wash pile overtaking the world while I'm gone...it's not mine, because I'm on vacation!

No comments: