Monday, June 23, 2008

Back in the dark ages


I upgraded my satellite service a few nights ago and in doing so blew up my DVR. Things I have learned about my favorite invention:

1. My 4-year-old does NOT understand why we can no longer pause TV, or watch Curious George whenever she darn well pleases. Kids today will never no the hardship of live TV just like we barely remember life before the remote.

2. It's a good thing it's summer, otherwise I'd be going ballistic. I'm already upset I have to remember all those shows I had it set to record automatically. That night, I kept resetting the recorder hoping that time it would work again...I wasn't ready to say goodbye. And I keep pressing the DVR button on my remote like a morphine patient getting his fix.
3. Purging the DVR is not always a bad thing. Goodbye season of Oprah, I only watched you as a last resort anyway. Best Week Ever and Talk Soup, sorry, you're not making it onto my new list (by the time I get around to you, you're old news).

4. I'm still deciding whether or not to bite the bullet and get DVRs for all the TVs--I think this could be dangerous but when the 4-year-old is watching the same episode of Curious George for the 9000 time- I might appreciate it.

5. When your satellite provider ruins your DVR, they will still try to make you pay for shipping. Nice try, guys but I don't think so. I still love you more than cable though. XXOO.

No comments: