Thursday, February 18, 2010

Best day ever!

I'm giddy.  Absolutely in a crazy good mood.  You see, I had been down for the last few weeks but suddenly the universe has decided it's my time and thrown down mass amounts of good fortune at my doorstep today.  It's lovely and I realize how self-absorbed this will sound and how little everyone else will get from this post, but I just had to share how happy today makes me.

Here is my awesome day (and like the cosmos, in random order)

1. The sun is shining today.  I forgot what a pick-me-up you could get from a flaming ball of gas.  There is a husband joke there, but I'm in such a good mood, I'm skipping it.  It's a sun-sun-sun-shiny day!  I'm ODing on Vitamin D.


2.  BNL announced the kickoff of their American tour today.  No Boston, no Denver, no Detroit but a date in IOWA.  I live in Iowa!  Tour date is only an hour away!  Plus, it's on a Sunday night so I can chill out, take a nap, and head to the show.  It won't be crowded, it will be fun.  Opening act is someone I have heard of and like.  It is also the day after I am walking 17 miles (although it sounds awful, it is amazing)  which makes it a mommy weekend.  Better yet, husband is thinking of taking the kids camping that wknd, so it could be my first ever kids-free mommy weekend.  (OK, I get that it sounds terribly cruel to be excited about leaving your kids, but when you've been stuck inside for weeks, is really OK to say out loud.)  I am not ashamed...I am stoked.  So stoked I don't care how uncool it is to say 'stoked.'

3.  Just got an e-mail that Wicked is coming to Madison, over my birthday.  I'm so there.  I love the theatre in Madison, I love Wicked.  I'm so high on life, I'm defying gravity...OK, that was a bad one...loath me!

4.  MOPS was the best one this year so far.  For those of you with lives, MOPS is Mothers of preschoolers.  We meet every two weeks.  This year I love my table.  This week I found the speaker to be awesomely informative, the craft was incredible, and the food was plentiful and delicious.  I missed a few moms who weren't there, but it was still a fabulous time.

5.  I get to make fun of men's figure skaters tonight, this time (thanks to my friend Lisa with the idea) with a margarita or two!   I will be pointing fingers and laughing at the over-the-top costumes live on facebook, so come to the party if you'd like.

6.  I get to go watch one of my favorite new shows after I finish up here.  Give Being Erica a shot.  It's a great little girlie show made in Canada on a horrible network, (soapnet, yikes!) but don't hold that against it.  I found it after day 11 of bedrest and immediately programmed it into my DVR.  Like Felicity, the later years.

Well, that's just about all the Pollyanna-ing I can do in one day without ruining my street cred.  Yes, I said street cred.  I feel like a teenager today, but I still have the vocab of a middle aged mom.  Oh well.
 

No comments: