Wednesday, April 30, 2008

TV mom

OK, I heart TV. I love putting the kids to bed and vegging for a while (sometimes a LOOONG while) in front of the tube. My husband says I watch too much TV, but I really can't figure out what else I should be doing...plus, I just need some mindless entertainment to wind down. TV is easy when cleaning, shopping, and reading are too much. You can read this and judge me, but you know I'm also kinda right.

I especially love my DVR. I mean the dishwasher and toilet paper are necessities, but the DVR is up there as one of the best inventions EVER! I know I don't NEED a DVR, but in a fire I'm pulling wires from the back of my TV before I'm looking for my wedding photos...I'm just saying.

I also like talking about TV, the Internet is my watercooler. RIP TV Guide podcast. Long live Internet TV gossip. Here's my new contribution: The TV MOM

Yesterday I caught American Idol...of course. Seriously, is Paula that much of a whack job? How do you NOT know you only listened to one song? Is planet Earth just too much for Mrs. Scat Cat? Personally, I don't care who's feeding her 'her own opinions'...her credibility has never been her strength. It's probably better someone has been telling her what to say all these years otherwise we'd just get "it was like...yea...wonderful...you look amazing" ad nauseum. Wait a minute...on second thought, that preopinion/scripter must have been a new hire. Do you think she took out an ad for a personal judge-r or do you think she makes her already obviously overworked hair and makeup people just jot stuff down for her to make her look crazy?

I also watched the Jon & Kate plus 8 Oprah ep. Kate needs lessons on how to speak kindly to her husband. Of course, if someone taped me I'd probably be worse (not even including the 8 kids!) I just worry the kids will pick up her tone when talking to their dad. He doesn't seem bothered by the constant ordering around so alls well that ends well, right?

So, is Brooke or Jason gone this week? These are the weeks I get bored with...just give me my David vs. David finale already!

No comments: